Accessing the API
Our Federal Mobile Product API is accessible via HTTP GET requests and does not require a login or API key to use.
The base URL for the API is http://apps.usa.gov/apps-gallery/api/. Append the API call you'd like to make to this URL.
There are 4 URLs available to query against.
- HTTP Code 500 = internal server error
- HTTP Code 200 = results found
- HTTP Code 404 = query error
API Data Model
The following fields are associated with mobile apps. Please note that not every record has data in every field, and the API will only return completed fields.
- Id - Unique Sytem Id of the app.
- Name – The name of the app.
- Organization – The agency or organization for the app.
- Friendly_URL – The URL to the app on the USA.gov or GobiernoUSA.gov App Gallery.
- Short_Description – A short description of the app.
- Long_Description – A long description of the app. Please note that the long description may include HTML coding.
- Language – Whether the app is in English or Spanish.
- Icon – The path to the icon for the app.
- Agency - Agency associated with the app as an array.
- Version_Details - List of version avaiable for the app as an array.
Additionally, each Version Detail secion includes following sub-data elements.
- Version_Number - This version's number,
- Published - The date this version of the app was published.
- Description - Description of this version, should be similar to the registration's long description,
- Store_Url -The URL to download or access the app.
- Whats_New - Description of changes or features distinct to this version.
- Platform - Operating System this version is available for.
- Device - List of device types this version is available for as an array.
- Rating - Average rating of this version.
- Rating_Count - Number of ratings given.
- Screenshot - List of url paths to screenshots of the app as an array.
- Video - List of url paths to videos of the app as an array.
- Language - Whether this version is in English or Spanish.
All results are in json format.
Back to Top