President Obama declared a disaster for areas of Oklahoma impacted by the tornado. The disaster declaration makes federal disaster aide available to individuals in Cleveland, Lincoln, McCain, Oklahoma, and Pottawatomie counties.
Individuals and business owners who sustained losses in the counties designated as disaster areas can apply for assistance online or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) , or TTY 1-800-462-7585. These numbers are free and operate from 7 am to 10 pm (local time) seven days a week until further notice.
Available assistance can include:
- housing rental assistance
- home repairs
- low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses
- Register as "safe" or search for loved ones
- Find shelter from the American Red Cross
- Call the Disaster Distress Helpline if you're experiencing distress: 1-800-985-5990, TTY 1800-846-8517
How You Can Help
- Donate $10 to the Red Cross in Oklahoma, by sending a text message with the word REDCROSS to 90999.
- Donate to other Oklahoma relief organizations.
- Before donating, read these tips you can follow to be sure your donation is put to a good use.