Contact the U.S. Congress and the White House

Learn how to contact government officials.

Contact Your Representative in the U.S. Congress

You can send an e-mail to your elected officials using the websites for the U.S. House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate.  If you don’t know how to find the website of your Representative or Senator, here’s how to find it:

1. Identify Your Representatives in the U.S. Congress

2. Visit Your Representative's Website

Click the name of the elected official you want to contact.  This will take you to their website.

3. Type Your Message

Look for the “Contact” link on the website, and click on it to find a web form to send your message.

Back to Top

Contact a Member of Congress Who Does Not Represent You

If you want to send a message to an official who does not represent you, you can:

  • Send a message to the Representative or Senator that represents you, and ask his or her office to forward it for you.
  • Go to the website for the member of Congress you wish to contact to find a postal address and mail a letter.
  • Call the United States Capitol switchboard at 1-202-224-3121.  The switchboard operator will connect you with the office you request.

Back to Top

Contact the White House

Visit the White House website to send questions, comments, or concerns, to the President or his staff.

Back to Top