Stay safe on the road. Learn about the dangers of drowsy, drunk and distracted driving, the importance of child car seats, and tips for keeping teens and older drivers safe.
- Learn dangers and warning signs of drowsy driving.
- Get tips and short term fixes to stay awake behind the wheel.
Texting and Distracted Driving
- Learn about the dangers of texting behind the wheel and other forms of distracted driving.
- Most states have banned texting while driving. Know the texting and hand-held cell phone laws in your state.
- Find tools for parents to keep teen drivers safe from distractions behind the wheel.
- Drunk drivers kill almost 30 people a day in the U.S.
- Learn steps that everyone can take to help prevent drinking and driving.
- Learn about graduated driver licensing laws, which gives young drivers more time to learn the complex skills of driving.
- Parental involvement—like setting ground rules and modeling safe driving—is key for molding your teen into a safe, responsible driver.
- Find out about risks on the road with older drivers and learn steps you can take to protect yourself or someone you care about.
- Learn about health issues that can impact older drivers and how to recognize when it may be time to give up driving.
Child Car Seats
Children, age birth-13, must be in a car seat:
- Make sure your child is in the right car seat.
- Find a car seat inspection station near you and get your car seat installed properly.