The Financial Literacy and Education Commission (FLEC) encourages people to take action to improve their financial futures. Check out the featured tools and resources to help you be financially prepared.
Build it. Grow it. Secure it. Do you know how to improve your financial future by becoming financially prepared? Get tips and tools to help you make better choices about finances.
- Life is an Adventure, Plan for It: Get help with making financial decisions for life events.
- Prepare for the Unexpected: Gather financial and critical personal, household, and medical information before a disaster.
- Spend, Save, Invest: Find tips to help you use money wisely.
Money as You Grow Learn more about how you can help children develop money skills.
Federal Student Aid Provides resources and information about federal funds to help make college possible.
- Financial Smarts for Students: Provides financial literacy online resource for educators, parents, students, and others.
Real World Finance Experience: Learn more about Junior Achievement’s 21st century digital learning environment that challenges middle school students to take on an adult-life avatar – with career, family and financial obligations – and work toward a monthly balanced budget.
Youth Saving Programs: Helps youth by building savings programs at school, through their first jobs or youth programs.
- Teach Kids about Saving: Teacher Resources for teaching youth savings.
Personal Finance Planning for Service members Designed for active duty service members, this site provides information for every phase of the service member’s financial life.
Retirement Planning: Helps those planning for retirement understand their choices for receiving Social Security benefits.
Learn how to set financial goals, build a budget, and plan for unexpected events.
Make a Budget Worksheet: Simple worksheet you can fill out to help you find out how much money you have coming in and where it goes. This worksheet does the math for you.
Managing Your Money: Simple steps you can take to manage your money.
Explore the importance of saving and provide tips on how to encourage saving for youth.
- Saving and Investing Tips: Actions you can take to begin or build your savings.
- Dealing with Debt: Learn what you can do to reduce your debt and free up money for your goals.
- Savings Fitness: A publication and worksheets to help you develop a plan to meet your financial goals, including establishing a budget, managing debt, and determining a target retirement saving rate.
- Financial Preparedness: Learn more about how you can prepare for unexpected events. Features the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit free download in English and Spanish.
You’ve earned it, now protect it. Learn how you can protect yourself and your family from loss and secure your financial future.
For college seniors about to graduate and new entrants to the workforce, now is the time to begin your financial life. To help you get started, check out this information and tools for creating your own financial plan to manage your money.
- Repay Student Debt: This tool provides information and advice for optimizing how you pay off your student loans based on basic information about your situation.