Teach students about different careers in the federal government.
- Discuss ways students can get exposure to careers of interest
- Learn about different career paths based on interests
- Understand the importance of government jobs
Time Required: 60 minutes
Recommended Grade Level: 4-6
Topics: Careers, Government
Review career information from the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Student section. Then have students complete the interest assessment quiz to learn more about their likes and dislikes to help them think about different types of careers.
Ask students about their future job goals.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What subjects in school do you think would be helpful for that job?
- What are some things you could start doing now to learn more about a certain career?
Organize students into groups; each group is assigned a video.
- Have groups watch the videos and complete the complementary quiz.
- Have each group share with the class what job they were assigned, the answers to the quiz questions, and why they think that job is important.
- Aerospace Engineer
- Army Dentist
- Brain Scientist
- Dog Trainer
- Federal Wildlife Officer
- Fine Arts Specialist
- Learn Coding and Build a Future
- Marine Biologist
- Marine Pilot
- Physical Therapists
- Website Developer
- White House Chef
- Wildlife Biologist
- Zoo Keeper