Teach students about U.S. Currency and how it's made.
- Discuss the history of U.S. Currency
- Learn how and where money is printed
Time Required: 60 minutes
Recommended Grade Level: 4-6
Topics: History, Math
Ask students what they know about currency.
- What kind of coins are there?
- What are some of the major bills we use today?
- What Presidents do you see on U.S. currency?
Review resources for background information on the history of U.S. Currency.
- Assign video quiz (PDF) for students to answer while watching the video (Answer Key (PDF))
- Discuss answers
Show students the security features designed in the $100 bill.
Provide students with coloring supplies and paper. Have students design their own bill and allow them to choose presidents and images that they think represent America.
- Have students discuss the reasons behind their designs with the class.
Extension Activity: Have students pick a country and learn about the currency in that country. How does it look different than U.S. Currency? What is the exchange rate?