Know the rules, tips and resources available to have a safe, low-hassle plane trip.
- Find child safety information including the safest way for a child under 40 pounds to fly.
- Review general safety procedures, travel tips, safety records of airlines, and turbulence information.
- Know the rules for getting yourself, your family and your carry-on items through the airport security screening.
- The REAL ID Act created a national standard for state-issued IDs. Some states' driver's licenses don't comply with those standards. Starting January 22, 2018, travelers with state driver's licenses that do not comply with those standards will need passports or other valid IDs to board domestic flights. See if your state complies and when you need to present an alternate ID.
- Know your rights as an airline consumer and learn how to make a complaint to the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Get real-time information on airport status, flight delays, and security wait times with this Transportation Security Administration (TSA) mobile site, or with these Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) tools.
- Learn about Trusted Traveler Programs that help you get through airport security and international travel processing faster.
- Learn more about accessibility rights for travelers with disabilities and TSA tips for travelers with disabilities and medical conditions.
- Find rules for flying with pets including getting them through security, bringing them in the passenger cabin or keeping them safe in the cargo hold.