Visit Ready.gov to learn the steps to prepare for and deal with natural disasters and national emergencies. This includes important advice for what to do during hurricanes, how to stay safe from flooding, prepare for and evacuate from wildfires, and more.
Learn how to make a plan, including building an emergency kit with basic survival items, before disasters strike.
- Family emergency plan - Get tips for a shelter plan, evacuation route, and how to maintain contact with family members. It’s important to be financially prepared for a disaster, including gathering important financial and medical information, keeping an emergency savings account, and making sure your insurance needs are covered.
- Pet emergency plan - Learn how to get your pet ready, build a kit with basic survival items, and more.
- Business emergency plan - Get tips for preparing your organization for hazards, including identifying your risk, and how to stay safe from various types of disasters.
Find tools and information to help get your home, family, and business ready to deal with disasters and emergencies.
- Get emergency information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s FEMA mobile app, including weather warnings for up to five locations plus disaster, aid, and shelter information.
- Sign up for National Weather Service alerts to receive SMS text and email alerts, and see their suggested weather apps to stay informed.
- Receive emergency alerts by enabling your smartphone with the Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) public safety system. This includes automatic emergency alerts for severe weather, disasters, and national emergencies.
- Find government information and services to help you or a family member deal with a disaster or crisis while traveling or living outside the U.S.