You can direct most complaints related to travel to:
Consult a licensed attorney or file a case in a local small claims court if the complaint is severe.
Complaints About an Airline
The nature of your complaint determines the agency you should contact:
- Service or Discrimination - First attempt to resolve your complaint with the airline. If the airline fails to satisfy the complaint, file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Airline Safety - Contact the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Airline Security - Contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Check out Got Flights? Know Your Rights to learn about your rights and responsibilities as an air traveler and how to avoid problems.
Complaints About a Hotel or Motel
To complain about service or accommodations at a hotel or motel, attempt to resolve the matter through the company first:
- Direct your complaint to the establishment's manager or customer service line.
- Contact the regional manager or another senior executive if you feel your complaint was not handled properly.
Complaints About Travel Agents or Travel Agencies
File your complaint about a travel agent or agency with the accredited membership organization to which the agent/agency belongs:
- Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC)
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- National Tour Association (NTA)