Know the rules, tips and resources available to have a safe, low-hassle plane trip.
- Child Safety: If your child is under 44 pounds, the safest place for your child to sit is in a car seat or harness approved for use on planes, not in your lap.
- General Safety: Review general safety procedures, safety records of airlines/aircraft, and turbulence information.
- Know the rules for getting yourself, your family and your carry-on items through the airport security screening.
- Find guidelines for traveling with kids, travelers with disabilities and medical conditions, and traveling with pets, musical instruments and more.
- Get real-time information on airport status, flight delays, and security wait times with this Transportation Security Administration (TSA) mobile site, or with these Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) tools.
- Learn about Trusted Traveler Programs that help you get through airport security and international-travel processing faster.
- Find rules for flying with pets including, getting them through security, bringing them in the passenger cabin or keeping them safe in the cargo hold.
- Check out these air travel tips help you protect yourself while traveling.