Many federal agencies offer ways you can volunteer:
- Serve.gov - Sign up to volunteer and create projects. Tool kits are available to help develop your ideas into projects.
- PeaceCorps.gov - Find volunteer programs where you serve abroad and work within communities to improve in education, health, environment and more.
- CitizenCorps.gov - Get training in first aid and emergency skills. Volunteer to support local emergency responders and disaster relief efforts.
- NationalService.gov - Offers grants for service and volunteering; programs include the AmeriCorps, Senior Corps and Social Innovation Fund.
- Volunteer.gov - Volunteer in American's public lands, including our national parks.
- Volunteer.VA.gov - Volunteer at a Veterans Affairs (VA) facility in your area.
- Federal Election Volunteers – Become a Poll Worker - Assist election officials in your state.
- Natural Resources Conservation Earth Team Volunteers - Work with private landowners to improve soil quality, conserve water, improve air quality and enhance wildlife habitat.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Volunteers take part in research, observation and educational roles that benefit science and the planet.