Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Contact Government by Topic

Find contact information for government programs, listed by topic.


Children and Education

Consumer Products and Safety

Fraud, Law Enforcement, and Crime

  • Asset Forfeiture – Find forms, contacts, and information from the Treasury Department about asset forfeiture and auctions.

  • Consumer Fraud – Complete an online Federal Trade Commission form with your complaints.

  • Crime Victims – Contact a helpline or find a local program online to get support for crime victims.

  • Domestic Violence Hotline – Email or call for:

    • Crisis intervention

    • Information about domestic violence

    • Referrals to local service providers for victims of domestic violence.

Services are available in English and Spanish.

  • Homeland Security – Main contact page:

    • Email and phone numbers

    • Mailing addresses

    • Help desk support for web applications

    • Instructions on how to report incidents

  • Identity Theft – Report ID theft to the Federal Trade Commission and get a recovery plan. Find help in English and Spanish.

  • Nuclear Facilities – Call the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to report any safety or security concern involving:

    • Nuclear reactors

    • Nuclear fuel facilities

    • Radioactive materials

  • Religious Discrimination – File a complaint with the Department of Justice if you've experienced:

    • Religious discrimination

    • Any violation of religious liberty rights

Government Officials

Congressional contacts:

Federal contacts:

State and local contacts:

  • Governors—Find email, telephone, and postal contact information by clicking on your state governor's website.
  • Local Governments—Locate websites for the cities, counties, towns, and local communities in your state.

Judicial contacts:

  • Federal Courts—Learn about the work of the federal courts in assigning jury duty, ruling on important cases, and overseeing naturalization ceremonies.
  • Supreme Court—Call or write the Supreme Court, and call for visitor information.


Home, Community, and Work

  • Accessibility  – File a complaint about accessibility barriers at a building or facility.

  • Affordable Housing  – Contact a federally-approved housing counselor in your area online or call 1-800-569-4287.

  • Census  – Email the Census Bureau questions and comments about the Census.

  • Discriminatory Mortgage Lending  – File an official complaint if you feel that a lender has discriminated against you. Report discrimination involving race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability.

  • Employment and Training  – Find state contacts for unemployment. Get information about adult and Native American training programs, and more.

  • Employment Discrimination  – File an employment discrimination complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

  • Environmental Programs  – Email a question or comment to the Environmental Protection Agency.

  • Environmental Violations – Email the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency about possible environmental violations.

  • Health Benefits  – Employee Benefits Security Administration regional offices will inform you of your rights. They can also help you claim your benefits.

  • Housing Counselors  – Talk to a federally-approved housing counselor about housing. Find out about buying a home, renting, default, avoiding foreclosure, credit issues, or reverse mortgages.

  • Housing Discrimination Complaints  – Email, call, or mail complaints about housing discrimination when renting or buying a home.

  • Land Sale Complaints  – If you believe you have been a victim of fraud and abuse when buying or leasing land from developers, you can file a complaint.

  • Librarians  – Chat with or email a government librarian

  • Mine Emergency Numbers – Notify Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) of a mine accident or emergency. You can also report hazardous conditions and get general contact information.  

  • Mine Safety – Email questions to Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). You can contact MSHA about regulations, inspections, data, policy, and other topics.

  • National Runaway Safeline to Call for Help – Call 1-800-RUNAWAY if you're a teenager thinking of running from home or if you're a runaway ready to go home. You can also call if you have a friend who has run away and is looking for help.

  • Pension Benefits – Contact Employee Benefits Security Administration regional offices. They will inform you of your rights and help you claim your benefits.

  • RadonCall the hotline to learn about radon and indoor air quality in your home.

  • Veterans Employment and Training  –  Explore resources for finding employment and training assistance for veterans.

  • Worker Issues  – Email or mail the Department of Labor.

  • Workplace Safety  – Email a complaint to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).

Military and Veterans

Money and Business

  • Antitrust and Competition  – Email the Federal Trade Commission with a question or comment on an antitrust matter.
  • Antitrust Violations  – Email, call, or mail a report of a possible antitrust violation or potential anti-competitive activity, whether civil or criminal, to the Department of Justice.
  • Bank Complaints  – File a complaint about a bank or other financial institution with the Federal Reserve.
  • Bankruptcy Fraud  – Report suspected bankruptcy fraud to the U.S. Trustee Program of the Department of Justice.
  • Business and Electronic Commerce Practices  – Email complaints (stores, finance companies, auto dealers, mortgage companies, credit bureaus, spam email, etc.) to the Federal Trade Commission.
  • Charities  – Submit complaints to the Federal Trade Commission.
  • Credit Union – Email or call with questions or comments, or report fraud to the National Credit Union Administration.
  • Deposit Insurance  – Email for assistance from the Federal Deposit Insurance Commission.
  • Economic and Humanitarian Assistance Activities Overseas  – Email, call or write comments or questions to the U.S. Agency for International Development.
  • File Paper Tax Return - Find out where to file your paper tax return - with or without a payment - with the IRS. 
  • Investors  – Email, fax or mail concerns and problems of individual investors to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
  • IRS (Internal Revenue Service) Reform  – Email an idea, issue or suggestion to the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel.
  • IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service  – The Taxpayer Advocate Service helps individuals and small businesses resolve problems with the IRS.
  • Patents and Trademarks  –  Email, call or mail questions about patents and trademarks.
  • Securities and Exchange Commission  – Contact the SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy for individual assistance at
  • Statistics  – Contacts to assist with locating and using Bureau of Labor Statistics data, publications, and services.
  • Tax Help  – Email or call with comments and feedback.
  • Taxpayer Advocacy Panel Application  – Volunteer for this unique opportunity to influence how the IRS delivers services to the public by becoming a member of the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP).
  • Tax Refund Status  –  Check your federal tax refund status online.
  • Trade Barriers  – Call to receive assistance in resolving problems.
  • Workplace Safety  – Email a complaint to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).

Travel and Transportation

Share This Page:

Do you have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

Last Updated: August 25, 2020