Find a lawyer and affordable legal aid
Learn about programs and organizations that give free legal advice and may help you find a free or low-cost attorney.
Find free and low-cost legal help
These programs offer a variety of ways to get legal aid. Some limit their services to people with low incomes.
- Legal Services Corporation (LSC) - Find legal aid in your community for people with low incomes.
- LawHelp.org - Find free legal aid near you and get answers to your legal questions. These services are for people with low to moderate incomes.
- Law Help Interactive - This program helps you fill out legal forms for free, such as those dealing with:
- Uncontested divorce
- Identity theft
- Visitation rights
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- American Bar Association free legal answers - This site lets people with low incomes ask questions online and have a lawyer answer them. They will not answer questions involving crimes.
- Directory of law school pro bono programs - Find a law school pro bono program in your state.
Find legal resources for specific groups
LAST UPDATED: December 8, 2023