Skip to main content

Where to report incorrect benefit payments

If you are having trouble with a late, missed, or incorrect federal benefit payment, contact the issuing agency or office for help.

Social Security

For issues with your Social Security benefit payment, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778). Or search for and contact your local Social Security office.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

If you need help with a SNAP (food stamps) payment, find and contact your state's SNAP office.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

Get help with TANF (welfare) benefit payment errors by finding and contacting your state or tribal TANF office.

Veterans benefits

For help with veterans benefit payments, call the VA benefits hotline at 1-800-827-1000 (TTY: 711). Or use your zip code to find the closest VA regional benefits office.

LAST UPDATED: December 8, 2023


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.