Job training and employment programs for people with disabilities
If you have a disability and are looking for work, these resources can help.
Ticket to Work program
Social Security's Ticket to Work program offers free training for Social Security disability recipients ages 18 - 64 who want to work. Read the publication Working While Disabled: How We Can Help for more information.
Organizations that help with job skills and job searches
Get help with job skills and learn how to search for jobs with these organizations:
- CareerOneStop.org’s Workers with Disabilities section
- Your state vocational rehabilitation agency
- Your local Center for Independent Living
- What Can You Do? Resources for job seekers from the Campaign for Disability Employment
Find job listings for people with disabilities
Job listings for anyone with a disability
- AbilityOne.gov helps people who are blind or have significant disabilities find jobs. Job openings are with nonprofit agencies nationwide.
- USAJOBS has tips for people with disabilities who want to get a job in the federal government. You can also contact an individual federal agency’s Selective Placement Program Coordinator (SPPC) for help.
- JAN, the Job Accommodation Network, answers your questions about workplace accommodations.
Job listings for veterans with a disability
The Veteran Readiness and Employment (VRE) program offers support and services for veterans with service-related disabilities. VRE can help you:
- Get job training and counseling
- Find and keep a job
- Start a business
LAST UPDATED: August 1, 2023