Find help for mental health
Find emergency hotlines, counseling, and treatment options for help with mental health.
Mental health hotlines
- For emergency help - call 911.
- For suicidal thoughts and behavior - dial 988 for the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. You can also reach them at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).
- For mental health issues after a disaster - contact the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990.
- For veterans experiencing a crisis - contact the Veterans Crisis Line at 988 (then press 1).
- For people experiencing domestic violence - contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.
Find treatment for mental health issues
Health centers and behavioral health treatment facilities can provide services that can help.
- Locate a health center near you to make an appointment for mental health services.
- Find a behavioral health treatment facility. These facilities offer help with mental health issues or substance abuse.
- Learn how to participate in a mental health treatment clinical trial with the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).
- Find mental health services for veterans and their family members. These services can help with depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other issues.
LAST UPDATED: December 6, 2023