Skip to main content

Work in the U.S. with a NAFTA visa

To come to the U.S. temporarily for work, you may be eligible for a NAFTA visa. Learn about this nonimmigrant visa and how to apply.

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional visa

Only citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for a nonimmigrant NAFTA professional (TN) visa. It grants the holder temporary entry into the United States for business at a professional level.

Learn more about the NAFTA visa including:

  • Which professions qualify for a NAFTA visa
  • The different requirements for Canadian and Mexican citizens
  • How to apply
  • How to schedule and prepare for your interview
  • What documents you will need

LAST UPDATED: March 18, 2024


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.