Find support if you experienced a crime
If you or someone you know survived a crime, find hotlines and services in your state where you can get counseling, seek shelter, and locate other types of support.
These resources from the Department of Justice (DOJ) offer crime victim and survivor support programs, including:
- Toll-free and online hotlines
- A directory of local and state programs specifically geared to the type of crime you have experienced
- Help for older adults who have experienced fraud
- Support after experiencing terrorism or mass violence
- Aid for U.S. citizens experiencing crime abroad
LAST UPDATED: April 5, 2023
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.