Search for a library or find information on libraries and archives:
Find your local public library - Public libraries lend books, movies, music, and more. They also have computer stations, programs and help finding the resources you need.
Find your state library - State libraries collect and preserve information about your state.
Federal Libraries and Archives
- Library of Congress (LOC) - The nation's oldest federal cultural institution, the research arm of Congress and the largest library in the world. It is also home to the U.S. Copyright Office.
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) - Research your family history, military records and other topics. NARA preserves documents with legal and historical value.
- Presidential Libraries - Archives and museums that bring together the documents and artifacts of a President and his administration.
- National Library of Education (NLE) - Locate education information, federal education policy and statistics.
- Federal Depository Libraries - Federal government information available for free public use in over 1,200 locations.
- Federal Library and Information Network - Find federal libraries around the world.
- National Library Service (NLS) for the Blind and Physically Handicapped - National network of libraries that loan recorded and braille books, magazines and playback equipment to American citizens who are unable to read or use standard print materials due to visual or physical impairment.
Ask a Librarian
You can get online help from librarians:
- Ask a Library of Congress (LOC) Librarian - For questions about the Library of Congress and its collections.