Use Social Security retirement calculators to estimate your benefits
Knowing how much you may receive from Social Security is important for retirement planning. Social Security’s benefit calculators give you a preview of your future payments.
How much Social Security income you may receive when you retire will depend on:
- Your earnings over your lifetime
- The age at which you will begin receiving benefits
- Whether you will be eligible to receive a spouse's benefit instead of your own
You can use Social Security's benefit calculators to:
- Estimate your retirement benefits based on when you would begin receiving them (from age 62 to 70)
- Calculate what payments you would receive based on your earning history
- Find out your full retirement age
- Learn about earning limits if you plan to work while receiving Social Security benefits
When you are ready to retire, you can apply for Social Security benefits online.
LAST UPDATED: September 19, 2023