File a Travel Complaint

Find out how to file a complaint about an airline, travel agency, hotel, or U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Complaints About Travel

You can direct most complaints related to travel to:

Consult a licensed attorney or file a case in a local small claims court if the complaint is severe.

Complaints About an Airline

The nature of your complaint determines the agency you should contact:

Check out Got Flights? Know Your Rights to learn about your rights and responsibilities as an air traveler and how to avoid problems. 

Complaints About a Hotel or Motel

To complain about service or accommodations at a hotel or motel, attempt to resolve the matter through the company first:

  • Direct your complaint to the establishment's manager or customer service line.
  • Contact the regional manager or another senior executive if you feel your complaint was not handled properly.

Complaints About Travel Agents or Travel Agencies

File your complaint about a travel agent or agency with the accredited membership organization to which the agent/agency belongs:

Back to Top

Last Updated: May 25, 2017

Do you need help?

Ask us any question about the U.S. government for free. We'll get you the answer or tell you where to find it.

What you think matters!