Skip to main content

Problems with veterans health care

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers ways to report problems with your medical care.

To report a problem with your veterans health care service or treatment plan:

  • Share your concerns with your primary care provider or treatment team (doctor, nurse, therapist, social worker).
  • If you still have concerns, ask to speak with your provider's supervisor or chief of service.
  • If the supervisor or chief of service didn't answer your questions, work with a VA patient advocate at your VA health facility. A patient advocate listens to your health care concerns and helps you find a solution.

Find your local VA medical center

LAST UPDATED: December 6, 2023


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.