Skip to main content

Get food assistance with the WIC program

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) can help you and your young children get food, nutrition counseling, and social service referrals.

Find out if you are eligible for WIC and apply

  • If you are applying for yourself, you must be at least one of the following:
    • Pregnant
    • Breastfeeding (up to the baby's first birthday)
    • Within six months of having given birth or your pregnancy ending
  • If you are applying for your children, they must be under 5 years old.
  • You must meet other WIC eligibility requirements based on your income, your health, and where you live.

Your state or local WIC agency will tell you how and where to apply and what to bring to your appointment.

Find your state WIC agency

Get additional help with your WIC application

Your agency may not have enough money to serve everyone who needs WIC. In that case, it will maintain a waiting list. See WIC's priority system it uses to decide who will get WIC benefits first.

To find more information about WIC and get help with your application, find your state WIC agency.

LAST UPDATED: July 19, 2024


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.