Skip to main content

Food assistance for Native Americans

The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) provides monthly packages of healthy food. You may be eligible based on income, tribal membership, and where you live.

Find out if you are eligible for food assistance through FDPIR and apply

FDPIR works with state agencies and tribal organizations, which determine eligibility and provide food. You may be eligible if you:

  • Meet income requirements
  • Live on a reservation
  • Live near a reservation or in Oklahoma, and someone in your household is a member of a federally recognized tribe

Your tribal organization or regional Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) office can help you find out if you are eligible.

You can apply for food assistance by contacting your tribal organization or your regional Food and Nutrition Service (FNS office). 

Find your regional FNS office

LAST UPDATED: December 7, 2023


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.