Skip to main content

File a U.S. Postal Service complaint

Find out how to file a complaint with the U.S. Postal Service about lost or stolen mail or mail fraud. Learn where to complain about a postal employee or facility.

File a complaint about mail services

You can make a complaint about problems with your mail service online, by phone, or in person at a USPS facility.

If your complaint is not resolved, you can:

United States Postal Service
Office of the Consumer Advocate
475 L’ Enfant Plaza SW
Washington, D.C. 20260

File a complaint about theft, fraud, or waste by USPS employees

To file a complaint about theft, fraud, or waste at a USPS facility or by a USPS employee, contact the USPS Office of the Inspector General (OIG).

Report mail fraud or theft by a person or company outside USPS

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) is the federal law enforcement agency that protects the mail system. File a complaint through USPIS online about:

Complain about a USPS policy change

To comment or complain about a policy change, such as postage rates, contact the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC). Use their online contact form.

LAST UPDATED: March 25, 2024


Have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They will get you the answer or let you know where to find it.