Housing Help for Veterans

Find different resources for veterans looking for a home.

Housing Help for Veterans

There are a variety of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs to help vets with housing situations:

Armed Forces Retirement Home

Help for Homeless Veterans

Homeless and at-risk veterans can get help with housing, foreclosure assistance, employment, and health care, including mental health services. Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs Homeless Veterans page or call the VA's National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838).

Back to Top

Help for the Homeless

Local agencies provide resources for people who are homeless. Through them, you can find information on housing, food, healthcare, and services for veterans.

Your state's human service or social service agency may also be able to provide financial assistance or refer you to local community organizations for help.

Benefits.gov can help you identify loans, financial aid, and other benefits from the federal government, determine if you are eligible, and then tell you how and where to apply.

Back to Top

Last Updated: May 31, 2017

Do you need help?

Ask us any question about the U.S. government for free. We'll get you the answer or tell you where to find it.

What you think matters!