The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides free publications, forms, and tools to help all taxpayers fulfill their tax obligation:
- Forms and Publications - Get the most popular forms and instructions, or search for specific titles or product numbers. The IRS also offers forms and publications for taxpayers with visual impairments.
- Tax Tools - Find interactive forms, calculators, and other helpful tools.
- Help and Resource Center - Learn about the many free services and resources that the IRS offers to taxpayers.
- Choose a Tax Preparer - Get tips for finding a tax preparer with the credentials and experience to handle your tax needs. Learn how to file a complaint if your preparer has acted improperly.
Special Programs for Eligible Taxpayers
If you qualify, the following free tax return preparation programs are available:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - VITA offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less; persons with disabilities; the elderly; and taxpayers with limited English. IRS-certified volunteers provide information about tax credits and prepare a basic tax return with electronic filing.
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) - TCE offers free tax help to all taxpayers. They offer specialized help to those who are 60 years and older and have pension or retirement questions. IRS-certified volunteers specialize in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
Contact the IRS
For more information, contact the Internal Revenue Service.