Register to Vote
Start Your Registration on Vote.gov
Visit Vote.gov to begin the voter registration process. Select your state or territory. Depending on its rules, you will find instructions on how to register online, by mail, or in person at your local election office.
Other Ways To Register to Vote
- Download the National Mail Voter Registration Form. You can fill it out onscreen and print the completed form, or print the blank form and fill it out by hand. Remember to sign the form before mailing it to the location listed for your state.
- Check with these local government offices to see if you can register in person:
- The department of motor vehicles
- Armed forces recruitment centers
- State and county public assistance offices such as SNAP/food stamps and WIC
Overseas and Military Voters
The Federal Voting Assistance Program lets you register to vote and request an absentee ballot if you are a
- U.S. citizen living outside the U.S.
- Service member stationed overseas
- Spouse or eligible family member of a service member stationed overseas